The Dark Shadow Shrine

embrace the darkness; that you may see the light nestled within it......

Friday, December 23, 2022

Badminton: ‘I am still me,’ says Loh Kean Yew, as he recounts his ‘rough’ start as a pro

Click HERE

Money is important, but it has never been my main motivation. “I just want to keep getting better at badminton, and if I do that, I’m happy and everything else will follow.”

“It can still be a viable career option, but one has to not only have belief, he or she must also work hard with the right attitude to make things happen.”

In comparison, football star Cristiano Ronaldo’s annual salary with his former club Manchester United was around £26 million (S$43 million), while tennis great Novak Djokovic wrapped up the 2022 season with almost US$10 million in prize money, all before tax.

Qns: 
1. ‘It is not winning, but taking part, which matters.’ How acceptable is this as an approach to life? (Cam. 2022)
2. 'Salary is everything when choosing a career today.' Do you agree? (CJC Promo 2022)