The Dark Shadow Shrine

embrace the darkness; that you may see the light nestled within it......

Wednesday, May 04, 2022

Sporting Life: Best gift for kids is to see a diversity of heroes

Click HERE
If can't access above link, click HERE

I think it helped me a lot in my confidence because I think if I didn't have sport and have the success of being good at something, then I'd probably really be shy. I think my whole outlook on life would be a lot different. I owe a lot to sport and now I'm very lucky that I found my niche and I've been able to have a career in it. If not, I would literally just be on minimum wage

This is surely what we want from sport, its ability to unshackle people, to accommodate every type, to appreciate difference

Cancelling events in Russia, or banishing Russian teams which represent the state, is legitimate. But, as King continued, "I cannot support the banning of individual athletes from any tournament, simply because of their nationality". To do so would be to endorse exclusion.